'On This Day in 2016…': Mamata Banerjee Recalls Taking Oath as West Bengal CM 3 Years Ago
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said the state will one day emerge as the best state in the world.
File image of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee (Reuters)
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday remembered that her government had taken the oath of office for the second term on this day three years back, and promised to keep working for the people in the coming days.
She said West Bengal will one day emerge as the best state in the world.
"On this day in 2016, the Maa-Mati-Manush Government took oath of office for the second time. People of #Bengal reposed their faith on us, with a massive mandate," Banerjee tweeted Monday morning.
"We are thankful to them, and will keep working for them in the days to come," she added.
Mamata Banerjee's Trinamool Congress ousted the CPI(M)-led Left Front government in West Bengal in 2011 and retained power in 2016.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried