One Arrested For Sexually Harassing Teenage Girl at Orphanage
The class ninth student staying at the orphanage in a complaint to police on Sunday has accused Madhav Rao of sexually harassing her after calling in his room in the premises
Hyderabad: Cyberabad Police on Monday arrested a man, the founder of a private orphanage here for allegedly sexually harassing a 14-year-old girl inmate. The class ninth student staying at the orphanage in a complaint to police on Sunday has accused Madhav Rao of sexually harassing her after calling in his room in the premises, a police official attached to LB Nagar Police Station said.
“Following the complaint, a case under section 354A (sexual harassment) of the IPC and under relevant sections of POCSO Act was booked against Madhav and he was arrested. He is being produced before a local court on Monday,” the official said.
City-based Balala Hakkula Sangham, an NGO working for child rights, condemned the incident. "A thorough inspection should be conducted at private orphanages and if any irregularities are found such orphanages should be immediately merged with government homes," said honorary president of the NGO, Achyuta Rao.
Recommended For You
- Life on Mars Could Owe Its Foundation to World's Lightest Solid, Aerogel: NASA-JPL
- Ali Fazal Catches Up with Game of Thrones Actress Nathalie Emmanuel, See Pic
- Have You Tried Solving this ‘Maths Meme’ that Has Left People Scratching Their Heads?
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics
- Did Netflix Just Give Out the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with this Cryptic Tweet?