One Arrested in Maharashtra For Alleged Terror Links
Both are associated with the terror outfit Jamiat-ul- Mujahideen Bangladesh and Islamic State Bangladesh (ISBD). Khairul Mandal hails from West Bengal and was in constant touch with the two terror suspects held in Patna.
Pune: One person was arrested Thursday from Maharashtra by Anti-Terrorism Squad for alleged terror links, police said.
The arrest came two days after two Bangladeshi nationals with alleged links to terror outfits were arrested in Patna, police said.
Bihar ATS, in a joint operation with Maharashtra ATS Thursday, arrested Shariyat Mandal (19), a labourer at a construction site near Chakan, 40 km from Pune, police said. A Maharashtra ATS official said the Mandal is being taken to Patna after securing a transit bail in a Pune court.
Bihar ATS had seized documents related to the deputation of central forces in Jammu and Kashmir from the two Bangladeshi suspects - Khairul Mandal and Abu Sultan from Jhenaidah district of Bangladesh.
Both are associated with the terror outfit Jamiat-ul- Mujahideen Bangladesh and Islamic State Bangladesh (ISBD). Mandal hails from West Bengal and was in constant touch with the two terror suspects held in Patna.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Bhag Bhag Aaya Sher': Cricket Fans Decode Virat Kohli’s Viral Expression During Ranchi Test
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein Actor Karan Patel, Wife Ankita Bhargava to Become Parents: Report
- Quinton de Kock's Reaction After Indian Fan Breaches Security to Touch His Feet is Priceless
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials