One Civilian and Two Soldiers Killed, Three Injured After Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in J&K's Kupwara
Three other civilians were injured in firing by Pakistani troops, while two house were damaged.
Image for representation.
Srinagar: Two soldiers and a civilian were killed as Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire in Tanghar sector of Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district on Sunday, police said.
Three civilians were also injured in the firing by Pakistani troops, they said.
Two houses were damaged in the incident.
According to officials, Pakistan has violated the ceasefire over 2,000 times along the LoC so far this year, several people dead and scores of others injured.
India has repeatedly called upon Pakistan to ask its forces to adhere to the 2003 ceasefire understanding and maintain peace and tranquillity along the LoC and the International Border.
Further details are awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Review: A Lot of Style And Even More Substance
- Christian Bale Opens-up on Why There Wasn't a 4th Dark Knight Film by Christopher Nolan
- Jacqueline Fernandez Shares Concern over Delhi Pollution: Hope we Resolve This Crisis
- 9-Year-Old Shatters Records by Catching Massive Blue Catfish Only to Release it Later
- U-17 Women's Championship: Lynda Kom Stars as Lionesses Thrash Tigresses to Win Title