One Dead after Under-construction Shed Collapses at Shalimar Station in Kolkata
A person is trapped under debris of Shalimar station under-construction site. Four injured have been rushed to Howrah General Hospital.
collapsed debris (represntative Image)
Kolkata: An under-construction shed collapsed at Shalimar railway station in Howrah district on Monday, killing one worker and injuring four others, a senior official said.
Another person is trapped under debris, he added. The injured have been rushed to Howrah General Hospital, Additional Director General, Railways, Adhir Sharma said.
The construction work was being carried out outside the passenger area by IRCON, a turnkey government-undertaking, South Eastern Railway (SER) spokesman Sanjay Ghosh said. Senior SER officials are at the spot to supervise rescue and search operations.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Watch: Burglar Kisses Elderly Woman to Calm Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right