One Drowns, Another Remains Missing Off Marine Drive During High Tide in Mumbai
An official of BMC Disaster Management said the incident happened at around 2pm during high tide.
Divers search for persons who drowned at Marine Drive in Mumbai on Saturday. (PTI)
Mumbai: One person drowned on Saturday while another remained missing in the Arabian Sea off Marine Drive here, a civic official said.
The incident happened at around 2pm during high tide, the BMC disaster management official added.
"Javed Khan (22) was brought out and rushed to GT Hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival. Search for the other person is continuing with teams from the Navy and police pitching in," he said.
Recommended For You
- Best and Worst Day of my Cricketing Life – Guptill Looks Back at World Cup Final
- Going From Winning World Cup to Quickly Disbanding Was Tough: Plunkett
- Ibrahim is Charming, Better Looking Than Me, Says Saif Ali Khan
- 3-Year-Old ‘Very Good’ Pomeranian Dog Abandoned in Kerala Over ‘Illicit Relationship’
- Malinga to Retire From ODIs After First Match Against Bangladesh