One Drowns, Another Remains Missing Off Marine Drive During High Tide in Mumbai
An official of BMC Disaster Management said the incident happened at around 2pm during high tide.
Divers search for persons who drowned at Marine Drive in Mumbai on Saturday. (PTI)
Mumbai: One person drowned on Saturday while another remained missing in the Arabian Sea off Marine Drive here, a civic official said.
The incident happened at around 2pm during high tide, the BMC disaster management official added.
"Javed Khan (22) was brought out and rushed to GT Hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival. Search for the other person is continuing with teams from the Navy and police pitching in," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled: Here's All You Need to Know
- Bigg Boss 13: Are Sidharth Shukla and Arti Singh Getting Close Again?
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season