A man was electrocuted and three others sustained burn injuries on Sunday after an electric wire snapped and fell into a pool of water in a village in Bihar's Purnia district, a police official said.
The mishap occurred at Rajghat village as an 11,000 high voltage electric wire snapped and fell in a pool of water trapping four persons, one of whom was electrocuted while three others sustained burn injuries, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Kim said.
The deceased was identified as Md. Salam, she said, adding that the body has been sent for post-mortem and the injured persons admitted to a hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, the irate locals blocked traffic on Baysi-Brohata road to protest against negligence in maintainence of electricity lines and demanded compensation to the kin of the victim.
Senior civil and police officials rushed to the spot and pacified the agitators.