0/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
One Killed, 7 Hurt in Blast at Chemical Factory in Punjab's Mohali
The explosion, caused by a short circuit, took place between 11 and 12 noon at Punjab Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Limited in Mohali's Dera Bassi, about 30 km from here, police said.
(Image only for representational purpose)
Chandigarh: One worker was killed while seven others sustained injuries in a blast at a chemical factory here Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place between 11 and 12 noon at Punjab Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Limited in Mohali's Dera Bassi, about 30 km from here, police added.
The explosion was caused by a short circuit, police suspected.
However, the investigation to ascertain the reason behind the blast was underway, they said.
The blast was so powerful that windowpanes of nearby houses were damaged.
Several fire tenders from Mohali, Chandigarh and other areas were pressed into service to douse the flames, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- Bigg Boss 13: Abu Malik Says Shehnaz Gill Has Support of Salman Khan
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge