One Killed, 7 Hurt in Blast at Chemical Factory in Punjab's Mohali
The explosion, caused by a short circuit, took place between 11 and 12 noon at Punjab Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Limited in Mohali's Dera Bassi, about 30 km from here, police said.
(Image only for representational purpose)
Chandigarh: One worker was killed while seven others sustained injuries in a blast at a chemical factory here Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place between 11 and 12 noon at Punjab Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Limited in Mohali's Dera Bassi, about 30 km from here, police added.
The explosion was caused by a short circuit, police suspected.
However, the investigation to ascertain the reason behind the blast was underway, they said.
The blast was so powerful that windowpanes of nearby houses were damaged.
Several fire tenders from Mohali, Chandigarh and other areas were pressed into service to douse the flames, police said.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: A 55-inch 4K TV From Samsung For Rs 59,999 is as Good a Deal as it Gets
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Here is How Much a New Xiaomi Mi TV With Android TV And PatchWall Will Cost You
- All Variants of The Apple iPhone XR Get Completely Sold Out on Day One of Amazon Prime Day Sale
- 'Should Consider Sharing Trophy in Case of Tie' - New Zealand Coach Stead
- Taapsee Pannu Takes A Jibe at Kabir Singh Director Citing Murder Case of 19-year-old Model