One Soldier Dead, 3 Injured as Army Truck Falls into Gorge in Himachal Pradesh
The soldiers belonging the Indian Army's 18 Mahar Regiment were headed for Jhakri in Theog subdivision from Haryana's Ambala when their truck fell into the gorge between Galu and Lambidhar, police said.
Mangled remains of an Army truck which skidded off the road between Galu and Lambhidaar in Theog, Shimla, Friday, Aug 23, 2019. (PTI Photo)
Shimla: One soldier was killed while three more sustained injuries on Friday when a military truck fell into a 100-foot-deep gorge in Himachal Pradesh's Shimla district, police said.
The soldiers belonging the Indian Army's 18 Mahar Regiment were headed for Jhakri in Theog subdivision from Haryana's Ambala when their truck fell into the gorge between Galu and Lambidhar, Superintendent of Police Omapati Jamwal said.
The injured soldiers were rushed to Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, where one of them, identified as Rajesh from Gulabbari village in Rajasthan's Jaipur district, was declared brought dead, Senior Medical Superintendent Dr Janak Raj said.
Three others, Surjan Tutti from Andhra Pradesh, BK Ray from Bihar's Patna and Nagappa B Masabi of Karnataka's Belgaum district, were undergoing treatment, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough