One Soldier Killed, Four Civilians Injured in 'Unprovoked' Firing from Across LoC, Alleges Pakistani Army
In a statement, the Pakistani army said that the incident took place on Saturday when Indian troops 'resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation' in Battal, Satwal, Khanjar, Nikyal and Jandrot Sectors along the LoC.
Picture for Representation. (Getty Images)
Islamabad: Pakistan has said that one of its soldiers was killed due to "unprovoked" firing from across the Line of Control.
In a statement, the army said that the incident took place Saturday when Indian troops "resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation" in Battal, Satwal, Khanjar, Nikyal and Jandrot Sectors along the LoC.
During the exchange of fire, Havaldar Manzoor Abbasi was killed, the statement said.
It said four citizens, including two girls and a woman, were injured in the firing.
"Pakistan army troops effectively responded to Indian firing and targeted those posts which initiated fire," it added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- India Women's Football Team to Play Two Friendlies Against Uzbekistan
- Jemimah Rodrigues Impresses Yorkshire Teammates With Impromptu Concert
- Ashes 2019: Did Archer Mimic Smith's Unique Batting Style?