Over 300 Students, Teachers Stuck due to Floods in Rajasthan's Chittorgarh Rescued
As many as 318 students and 25 teachers were stuck in a building near their school since Saturday after roads leading to the educational institute got inundated due to discharge of water from the dam.
Many low-lying areas were flooded in Kota as heavy rains lash Rajasthan. (Credits: ANI)
Jaipur: Over 300 students and teachers of a private school, who were stuck in a building for the last two days due to floods triggered by heavy rains and discharge of water from the overflowing Rana Pratap sagar dam, were rescued on Monday in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan, an official said.
They were rescued by SDRF teams which took them to Rawatbhata and later they were dropped at their houses, Bhainsroadgarh police station SHO Gopal Krishna said.
As many as 318 students from class 5 to 12 and 25 teachers were stuck in a building near their school since Saturday after roads leading to the educational institute got inundated due to discharge of water from the dam.
"The school management shifted them to the nearby building where arrangements of food and water were made with the help of local villagers. The water level reduced today and teams rescued all of them safely," the SHO said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day