Over 3,000 Tamil Nadu Fishermen Chased Away by Lanka Navy
The fishermen from this island town who put out to sea in over 500 mechanised boats were catching fish near Katchatheevu in the island nation's waters.
Rameswaram: Over 3,000 Tamil Nadu fishermen were chased away by Sri Lankan Navy personnel when they were fishing near Katchatheevu islet, a fishermen association leader said here Thursday.
The fishermen from this island town who put out to sea in over 500 mechanised boats were catching fish near
Katchatheevu in the island nation's waters last night when the Lankan navy men came in 20 boats and drove them away, Rameswaram Fishermen Association President P Sesuraja said.
He also alleged the Lankan navy men snapped the fishing nets of 35 boats. The fishermen had to return to the shore without a catch, Sesuraja added.
On December 11, over 3,000 fishermen from the state were allegedly chased away by Lankan navy personnel when they
were fishing near Katchatheevu islet.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Prince Narula, Yuvika Chaudhary to Quit Nach Baliye 9?
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Sehwag Wins Praises for Training Kids of 'Pulwama Shaheeds' at His School
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More