Over 40 Injured as Overloaded Bus Falls into Gorge in Jammu and Kashmir's Udhampur
The driver of the vehicle lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a curve in Ramnagar area as a result of which the vehicle overturned before rolling down into a 70-foot deep gorge.
Udhampur (J&K): Over 40 passengers were injured on Tuesday when an overloaded minibus rolled down into a gorge in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said. The accident took place shortly after the vehicle left Chunanta village for Udhampur around 7.30 am, a police official said.
He said the driver of the vehicle lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a curve in Ramnagar area as a result of which the vehicle overturned before rolling down into a 70-foot deep gorge. A rescue operation was launched and 41 injured persons were shifted to hospital.
"The vehicle was overloaded and some of the passengers were sitting on its rooftop when the accident occurred," one of the injured passengers, undergoing treatment at district hospital Udhampur, said.
Police have registered a case.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master