Over 4K Terrorists, Missing People of J-K in PoK: State Govt
Over 4,000 terrorists and missing people of Jammu and Kashmir are still in Pakistan and PoK, the state government said on Wednesday.
File image of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti. (Image: PTI)
Jammu: Over 4,000 terrorists and missing people of Jammu and Kashmir are still in Pakistan and PoK, the state government said on Wednesday.
In a written reply to a question by BJP MLA Rajesh Gupta in the state Assembly, Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti said, "4,088 missing people (of J&K) and terrorists are still in Pakistan and PoK."
In reply to the query about the number of militants who have returned to the state from Pak-occupied Kashmir and Pakistan along with their families, she said as per the details furnished by CID, 337 ex-militants along with 864 family members have returned via Nepal route and Bangladesh since 2010.
The rehabilitation policy of 2010 recognises four routes for the return of former militants, said Mehbooba, who holds charge of Home Ministry.
The routes are JCP Wagah Atari, Salamander, Chakan Da Bagh crossing on the Line of Control and through Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi, she said.
Since the inception of this policy, no youth has been able to return via approved routes, she added.
Since these youths have not returned via the approved routes they are not entitled to any benefit available under the 2010 policy, the Chief Minister said.
Recommended For You
- OPINION | How Elon Musk aka Iron Man Lost the Plot, and the Tesla Chairmanship
- PUBG Will Come to The PlayStation 4 on December 7: Watch Video
- Donald Trump Celebrates Diwali Late, Praises Haggling and Wishes All Indians Except Hindus
- Shah Rukh Khan on Suhana: My Daughter is Dusky, but she's the Most Beautiful Girl in the World
- ATK’s Komal Thatal Called Up For Indian Team Camp Ahead of Jordan Friendly