Over 70 Wedding Guests Hospitalised in Jharkhand After Finding Lizard in Food
After one of the guests found a lizard in another guest’s plate, it set an atmosphere of chaos in the wedding.
Patients being taken to a hospital in Jharkhand (Image: Twitter)
New Delhi: More than 70 people in Jharkhand’s Dumka district have been admitted to a hospital after consuming lizard-infected food at a wedding.
After one of the guests found a lizard in another guest’s plate, it set an atmosphere of chaos in the wedding. Soon after, the guests started puking and fell ill and had to be taken to a hospital.
"All the guests were immediately taken to Jagmundi hospital and provided first-aid. Later, they were taken to Sadar hospital for further treatment. At least six to seven teams of doctors were deployed to treat all the patients who confirmed that all the patients are out of danger," YS Ramesh, a police officer, was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
Sub-Divisional officer Rakesh Kumar said the patients are now fine and had started vomiting only because of the psychological effect.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- Rhea Chakraborty Visits Blue Grotto Cave in Italy on Trip with Sushant Singh Rajput, Watch Video
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right