P Chidambaram Moves Delhi HC Seeking Bail in INX Media Money Laundering Case
P Chidambaram, who was on Tuesday granted bail from Supreme Court in the INX media corruption case, continues to be in ED custody since October 17.
Image for representation
New Delhi: Former Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Wednesday moved the Delhi High Court seeking bail in the INX Media money laundering case.
Chidambaram, who was on Tuesday granted bail from Supreme Court in the INX media corruption case, continues to be in ED custody since October 17.
He was arrested by the CBI on August 21 in the INX Media corruption case.
The case was registered on May 15, 2017 alleging irregularities in a Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance granted to the INX Media group for receiving overseas funds of Rs 305 crore in 2007, during Chidambaram's tenure as finance minister.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- US Company Will Pay You Rs 2 Lakh Per Month to Smoke Weed and Test Marijuana Products
- Fans Feel Sorry for Rashami in Sidharth-Asim Fight, Ananya Panday Gives Back to Kartik Aaryan for Trolling Her
- 27-Year-Old's Initiative of Saving Stray Dogs Lands Him a Job with Ratan Tata
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda
- Hackers Could be Using Your Android Phone’s Camera to Spy on You