Pahlaj Nihalani and Controversies: A Timeline
The Central Bureau of Film Certification and its chief Pahlaj Nihalani has found itself in the eye of the storm after refusing to certify Lipstick Under My Burqa. However, this not the CBFC has become embroiled in controversy since Nihalani took over.
File photo of Pahlaj Nihalani.
The Central Bureau of Film Certification and its chief Pahlaj Nihalani has found itself in the eye of the storm after refusing to certify Lipstick Under My Burqa.
However, this not the CBFC has become embroiled in controversy since Nihalani took over.
Here is a timeline:
• January 19, 2015: Pahlaj Nihalani appointed as CBFC chief
• March 2015: 50 Shades of Grey not allowed to hit screens despite more than 70 cuts
• March 2015: 'A' certificate to Anushka Sharma's NH10 after 9 cuts
• March 2015: Banned Unfreedom for nudity & lovemaking scenes
• March 2015: Muted the word ‘lesbian’ in Yash Raj films’ Dum Laga Ke Haisha
• August 2015: Documentary The Battle for Banaras on Narendra Modi-Arvind Kejriwal battle denied approval
• November 2015: Kissing scenes in Spectre slashed because length of kisses was ‘too excessive’
• December 2015: Censor board criticised for passing obscene trailers of Kya Kool Hai Hum 3 and Mastizaade
• January 2016: Gave 'A' certificate to Aligarh trailer because of homosexual theme
• June 2016: Asked the makers of Udta Punjab to drop reference of Punjab from the movie and do around 89 cuts in the film which includes, dialogues, scenes & cuss words
Recommended For You
- Mirzapur Review: Not Much on Offer Except a Top Class Pankaj Tripathi
- Volkswagen Directed to Pay Rs 100 Crore to CPCB Over Diesel Emissions Scandal
- Pihu Movie Review: You’ll Watch a Small Girl Heading Towards Death With Bated Breath
- PUBG Arrives on PlayStation 4 on December 7; Have You Pre-Ordered The Game Yet?
- India Gets Olympic Warning After Kosovo Boxer Denied Visa