Pahlaj Nihalani and Controversies: A Timeline
The Central Bureau of Film Certification and its chief Pahlaj Nihalani has found itself in the eye of the storm after refusing to certify Lipstick Under My Burqa. However, this not the CBFC has become embroiled in controversy since Nihalani took over.
File photo of Pahlaj Nihalani.
The Central Bureau of Film Certification and its chief Pahlaj Nihalani has found itself in the eye of the storm after refusing to certify Lipstick Under My Burqa.
However, this not the CBFC has become embroiled in controversy since Nihalani took over.
Here is a timeline:
• January 19, 2015: Pahlaj Nihalani appointed as CBFC chief
• March 2015: 50 Shades of Grey not allowed to hit screens despite more than 70 cuts
• March 2015: 'A' certificate to Anushka Sharma's NH10 after 9 cuts
• March 2015: Banned Unfreedom for nudity & lovemaking scenes
• March 2015: Muted the word ‘lesbian’ in Yash Raj films’ Dum Laga Ke Haisha
• August 2015: Documentary The Battle for Banaras on Narendra Modi-Arvind Kejriwal battle denied approval
• November 2015: Kissing scenes in Spectre slashed because length of kisses was ‘too excessive’
• December 2015: Censor board criticised for passing obscene trailers of Kya Kool Hai Hum 3 and Mastizaade
• January 2016: Gave 'A' certificate to Aligarh trailer because of homosexual theme
• June 2016: Asked the makers of Udta Punjab to drop reference of Punjab from the movie and do around 89 cuts in the film which includes, dialogues, scenes & cuss words
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Cristiano Ronaldo to Plead Guilty to Tax Fraud in Madrid Court
- Singer Ariana Grande in Trouble as Three Rappers Accuse Her of Plagiarism
- WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock, Sticker Integration, Private Replies and More Coming in Future Updates
- 2019 Hyundai Creta Prices to Start at Rs 9.60 Lakh, Gets New SX(O) Executive Trim Variant
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s