Pak Army Resorts to Firing and Shelling Along LoC in J&K's Poonch District
The Indian Army retaliated to the ceasefire, but the heavy shilling triggered fear among residents who have been demanding bunkers.
Image for representation.
Jammu: Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire and resorted to firing and shelling along the Line of Control (LoC) in two sectors of Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district on Tuesday, officials said.
The firing and shelling by the Pakistani troops triggered a fear psychosis among the LoC residents in the wake of recent casualties and damage to a few houses, they added.
The Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing and shelling along the LoC in the Shahpur and Kirni sectors for a brief period on Tuesday, the officials said, adding that there were no reports of any casualties.
The Indian troops retaliated to the Pakistani firing, they said.
The residents of Shapur, Balakote, Gulpur and Krini, which have been targeted by Pakistani troops with heavy shelling, fear for their lives as they demand bunkers and putting an end to the shelling.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- 2-year-old COVID-19 Patient Gets 'Surprise Gift' from Punjab Hospital on His Birthday
- Asim Riaz Pens Romantic Poem for Himanshi Khurana
- Deepika Padukone Turns Masterchef For Hubby Ranveer Singh, Cooks Thai Curry
- Mohammad Kaif Gives a 'Handy' Tip to Avoid Catching Coronavirus With Natwest Series Clip
- Smriti Mandhana Hosted a Q&A Session on Twitter and it Turned Out to be a Laugh Riot