Pak Rangers Resort to Firing Along International Border in J&K's Samba, Kathua
Using small arms, the rangers began firing at forward border outposts in Samban and Hiranagar sectors at 1 pm. It continued till 3 pm and later intermittently, BSF officials said.
Jammu: Pakistan Rangers on Tuesday violated ceasefire and resorted to small arms firing in forward areas along the International Border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba and Kathua districts, BSF officials said.
Using small arms, the rangers began firing at forward border outposts in Samban and Hiranagar sectors at 1 pm. It continued till 3 pm and later intermittently, they said.
The BSF troops gave a befitting reply, they added. IG BSF N S Jamwal said that that there was no causality.
This is for the first time in last several months that Pakistan resorted to ceasefire violation along the IB. Over the last two months, Pakistan army has been violating the ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) by targeting villages and posts in Rajouri and Poonch districts.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni