Pak Shelling: J&K Govt Shuts Schools Along LoC in Rajouri For 2 Days
The Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday ordered closure of schools along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district for two days following shelling of civilian areas in yet another breach of ceasefire by Pakistan.
Representative image (Photo: Reuters)
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday ordered closure of schools along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district for two days following shelling of civilian areas in yet another breach of ceasefire by Pakistan.
The Deputy Commissioner issued orders for closure of all the schools situated along LoC in Rajouri district for today and tomorrow, a senior officer said.
"All schools close to the LoC were shut in the district as a precautionary measure today following the death of a woman and injuries to her husband in shelling by the Pakistan Army", the officer said.
A 35-year-old woman was killed while her husband was injured as Pakistani army violated the ceasefire along the LoC in Nowshera sector.
The shelling has affected five-six hamlets along the LoC including Sheri Makeri, Namakdali and Khamba since last night.
As many as 27 families have been affected due to the shelling in which many houses,including a school have been damaged partially or severely, he said. More than 40 farm animals are also reported killed in firing, he added.
Two relief camps have been established in Nowshera where 50 people comprising around 15 families have been settled. District administration has also earmarked additional camps which may be required in case of further ceasefire violation.
Recommended For You
- Nike Adapt BB is The Self Lacing Shoe From The Future – Everything You Need to Know
- Sridevi Bungalow: Twitter Slams Priya Prakash Varrier's Film, Calls It a Sleazefest
- Toilet, Ek Worm Katha: Why Bill Gates is Pouring Millions Down the Drain on India’s Sanitation Crisis
- AFC Asian Cup: Jhingan’s Stellar Show in Vain After Halder’s Tired Tackle Sends India Crashing
- Anna Faris Congratulates Ex-Husband Chris Pratt on His Engagement to Katherine Schwarzenegger
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s