Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Uri Sector, Civilian Injured
Indian army officials have said that Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing towards Indian posts and villages in Uri, Baramulla district on Thursday, that continued throughout the night.
Image for representation (Image: Reuters)
Srinagar: One civilian was injured Friday in a ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops along the LoC in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said.
Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing towards Indian posts and villages in Kamalkote area of Uri in Baramulla district on Thursday evening, the officials said.
They said the intermittent firing continued throughout the night. One civilian has been injured in the firing.
Indian Army has responded to the Pakistani firing inadequate measure, the officials said.
The ceasefire violation by the Pakistani troops comes as tensions between India and Pakistan rose following the February 14 terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district in which 40 CRPF soldiers were killed.
Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) terror group claimed responsibility for the attack
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy