Pakistan Apprehends 30 Fishermen, Seizes 6 Boats Near Gujarat Coast
The National Fishworkers' Forum has said that the thirty fishermen will now be taken to Karachi port.
Representative Image (Reuters).
Ahmedabad: At least 30 Gujarat fishermen were apprehended early Monday by Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (PMSA) near the international maritime boundary in the Arabian Sea, a Porbandar-based National Fishworkers' Forum (NFF) official said.
NFF secretary Manish Lodhari said the PMSA also seized six fishing boats.
"Thirty fishermen on board six boats were apprehended by PMSA near IMBL early today morning alleging that our fishermen had ventured into the Pakistan side during fishing," Lodhari said.
"They will now be taken to Karachi port. All these boats had ventured into sea a few days ago from Porbandar harbour" he added.
He claimed Pakistani agencies were capturing Indian fishermen at regular intervals near the IMBL.
The development comes close on heels of Pakistan's "goodwill gesture" of releasing 100 Indian fishermen, mostly from Gujarat, just last month.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 44th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- In Pursuit of Love, World's Loudest Bird Sings Heart out in 'Theatrical Swivel'
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni