Pakistan Army Fires at Indian Positions in Akhnoor - Jammu
Different sources told IANS in winter capital Jammu, "Pakistan Army violated the ceasefire on Friday, using small weapons and automatics".
Representative image. (Reuters)
Jammu: The Pakistan Army resorted to unprovoked firing at Indian positions on the Line of Control (LoC) on Friday in Akhnoor sector of Jammu district.
Different sources told IANS in winter capital Jammu, "Pakistan Army violated the ceasefire on Friday, using small weapons and automatics to target our positions in Akhnoor sector of the LoC."
"Our troops are effectively retaliating the Pakistan firing using the same calibre weapons."
Till last reports came in firing exchanges were continuing in the area. No damage has so far been reported from the Indian side.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- India's Youngest Differently-Abled Chess Prodigy Donates 2 Lakh Prize Money to PM CARES Fund
- Money Heist Season 4 Review: Professor Returns Without A Plan And This May Cost Him
- Pak Batsman Babar Azam Writes Back to 5-Year-Old's Fan Mail, Calls Him a Rockstar
- Xiaomi Phones to Cost More: All The New Price Tags of Redmi Smartphones
- Zoom Founder Apologises for App's Elaborate Privacy Issues, Reveals Plans for Future