Pakistan Army Opens Fire at Forward Posts, Villages Along LoC in J-K's Poonch, Rajouri
The shelling and firing from across the border in Jammu and Kashmir's Krishna Ghati sector in Poonch and Keri sector in Rajouri started around 11.00 hours.
Jammu: Pakistan Army Sunday lobbed mortars and opened fire from small arms at forwarding posts and villages along with the LoC in Poonch and Rajouri districts of Jammu and Kashmir, a defence spokesman said.
The shelling and firing from across the border in Krishna Ghati sector in Poonch and Keri sector in Rajouri started around 11.00 hours, the spokesman said.
He said the Indian Army is retaliating befittingly and there was no immediate report of any casualty on the Indian side in the Pakistani firing.
Ending over a fortnight-long lull, Pakistan on Thursday targeted Shahpur and Kirni sectors of Poonch followed by firing in Qasba sector in the same district the next day.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring