Pakistan Army Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Naushera Sector
Pakistan Army on Saturday again broke the LoC ceasefire, with unprovoked firing and mortar shelling at Indian positions in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district, triggering of a gun duel, a defence official said.
Representative Image (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Jammu: Pakistan Army on Saturday again broke the LoC ceasefire, with unprovoked firing and mortar shelling at Indian positions in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district, triggering of a gun duel, a defence official said.
"Pakistan Army initiated indiscriminate firing of small arms, automatics and mortars on Indian posts on the Line of Control (LoC) in Naushera sector of Rajouri district from 3.45 p.m. Indian army posts are retaliating strongly and effectively," said Defence Ministry spokesman, Lt, Col. Manish Mehta in Jammu.
Intermittent firing exchanges were going on in the area till last reports came in on Saturday evening.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Moon is Glowing Brighter than Sun in NASA's Fermi Gamma-Ray Images
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?