Pakistan-based Terror Groups Training Cadre for 'Samundari Jihad', Says Govt
Union minister Hansraj Ahir said there was no specific input about any terrorist group planning a 26/11 type Mumbai terror attack on ports, cargo ships and oil tankers in the high seas.
Union MoS (Home Affairs) Hansraj Gangaram Ahir. (PTI)
New Delhi: Pakistan-based terror groups continue to train their cadre for underwater strikes and exhort them for 'Samundari Jihad' (seaborne jihad) against India, Union minister Hansraj Ahir said on Wednesday.
Replying to a written question in Rajya Sabha, he said as per available information, there is no specific input about any terrorist group planning a 26/11 type Mumbai terror attack on ports, cargo ships and oil tankers in the high seas.
"However, available inputs indicate that Pakistan-based terrorist groups continue to train their cadres for underwater strike capabilities in a bid to infiltrate them into India by sea/water ways," the Union Minister of State for Home said. Ahir also said "as per available inputs, the Pakistan-based terrorist organisation had exhorted its cadres for 'Samundari Jihad' against India".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- ‘Why Traffic Jams?’: Twitter Comes to a Halt after BJP MP Dismisses Automobile Slowdown
- Uber Apologises for Viral Photo of Separate Bathrooms for Employees and Drivers in US Office
- Ranbir Kapoor Reveals Sanjay Leela Bhansali Wanted to Cast Him Opposite 11-year-old Alia Bhatt in Balika Vadhu
- Reliance Jio New All In One Plans Are Priced Rs 129 Onwards: All The Details