Pakistan Summons Indian Diplomat over 'Ceasefire Violations' in Chirikot Sector
Pakistan called upon the Indian side 'to respect the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding; investigate this and other incidents of ceasefire violations and maintain peace along the LoC and the Working Boundary.'
Islamabad: Pakistan on Saturday summoned an Indian diplomat to lodge protest over alleged ceasefire violations by Indian troops along the Line of Control which injured a woman.
Pakistan Foreign Office in a statement said "a senior diplomat" from the High Commission of India was summoned to the Foreign Office to register Pakistan's strong protest over firing in Chirikot sector of the LoC that injured 21-year old women in Serian village.
Pakistan called upon the Indian side "to respect the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding; investigate this and other incidents of ceasefire violations and maintain peace along the LoC and the Working Boundary (WB)."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mr India 2: Shekhar Kapur Doesn't Believe There's Another 'Mogambo' in the World
- Mentalhood Teaser Out, Karisma Kapoor Shares the 'Madness in a Mom's Life'
- Salaam, a Video Game Based on a Refugee's Life, Wants You to See Their Harsh Realities
- The One Where They Reunite: The 'FRIENDS' Reunion is Happening, and Fans Cannot Keep Calm
- Bhutan's PM Urges Every Citizen to Adopt 'Stray Dogs' as Birthday 'Gift' to its King