Pakistan Violates Cease Fire for Second Consecutive Day in J&K's Rajouri, Targets Forward Posts
The mortar shelling and small arms firing from across the border in Kalal area of Nowshera sector reportedly started at around 6.45 pm, prompting strong and effective retaliation by the Indian army.
Jammu: Pakistani troops violated ceasefire by targeting forward posts and villages along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district for the second successive day on Sunday, a defence spokesman said.
The mortar shelling and small arms firing from across the border in Kalal area of Nowshera sector started at around 6.45 pm, prompting strong and effective retaliation by the Indian army, the spokesman said.
He said there was no immediate report of any casualty and the cross-border shelling was going on when last reports were received.
Lance Naik Sandeep Thapa (35), a resident of Dehradun, was killed when Pakistani troops violated ceasefire on Saturday.
The Pakistan army also suffered heavy damage to their posts and casualties in the retaliatory action.
The latest skirmish comes days after Pakistan claimed that its four soldiers were killed in firing by Indian troops on their posts along the LoC on August 15.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough