Pakistan Violates Ceasefire along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri, No Casualty Reported
The shelling from across the border took place in Sunderbani sector around 6.30 am, prompting a retaliation by the Indian Army. The officials said there was no report of any casualty or injury in the cross-border firing, which lasted for a brief period.
Image for representation.
Jammu: Pakistani army violated ceasefire by targeting forward posts and villages with small arms firing and mortar shelling along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday, officials said.
The shelling from across the border took place in Sunderbani sector around 6.30 a.m., prompting a retaliation by the Indian Army, they said. The officials said there was no report of any casualty or injury in the cross-border firing, which lasted for a brief period.
According to official figures, Pakistan army violated ceasefire along the LoC over 2,100 times this year, leaving 29 Indians dead and scores of others injured.
Of them, eight people, including five soldiers, were killed this month alone.
Four of them lost their lives in the twin districts of Rajouri and Poonch which witnessed the major brunt of the cross-border firing this year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'For Religious Purposes Only': Cow Dung Cakes Sold in US Store Fuel Desi Twitter's Imagination
- Tweet on Rap by Kollywood Star Suriya Sends Fans in Frenzy
- Once Abandoned Dog is Now Assisting Railway Force Personnel to Warn Commuters Against Footboard Traveling
- Gal Gadot, Ben Affleck Petition for Release of Snyder Cut Version of Justice League
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Review: A Lot of Style And Even More Substance