Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in J-K's Rajouri
There was no immediate report of any casualty on the Indian side in the cross-border firing which was still continuing when last reports were received, a defence spokesperson said.
Jammu: Pakistani troops violated ceasefire on Saturday by targeting forward posts and villages along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, a defence spokesman said.
"At about 1630 hours, Pakistan initiated unprovoked ceasefire violation by shelling with mortars and firing of small arms along the LoC in Nowshera sector," he said.
The spokesman said the Army is retaliating "strongly and effectively".
There was no immediate report of any casualty on the Indian side in the cross-border firing which was still continuing when last reports were received, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Dances Arm in Arm with Priyanka Chopra's Mother
- Paul Pogba, Twitter And Racism: An Uneasy Relation Between Footballers And Fans
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones