Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in J&K's Kathua, Fires Across Border Through the Night
The firing from across the border started in Manyari-Chorgali area of Hiranagar sector around 8.45 pm on Saturday and continued intermittently through the night.
Jammu: Pakistan Rangers violated ceasefire by resorting to mortar shelling and small arms firing on forward posts and villages along the International Border in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said on Sunday.
The firing from across the border started in Manyari-Chorgali area of Hiranagar sector around 8.45 pm on Saturday and continued intermittently through the night, they said. The Border Security Force retaliated effectively, the officials said.
There was no report of any casualty or damage in the cross-border firing which ended around 5.30 am this morning, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor, Vijay Deverakonda to Come Together for Puri Jagannadh's Next?
- Citizenship Act Protests: Internet Shutdown in Aligarh, Meerut, West Bengal And Assam
- Samsung Clarifies They Have Not Sold 1 Million Galaxy Fold Smartphones, Yet
- U2 Mumbai Concert: Ranveer-Deepika Wear Fanny Packs, Sachin Tendulkar Attends
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know