Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Two Sectors Along LoC in J&K's Poonch, No Casualities Reported
Small arms firing and mortar shelling from across the border started in Krishna Ghati sector around 7.45 am and later in Poonch sector at 5.30 pm, a defence spokesperson said.
Jammu: Pakistan on Saturday violated ceasefire in two sectors by targeting forward posts and villages in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district, ending nearly a week-long lull along the Line of Control (LoC), a defence spokesperson said.
There was no report of any casualty on the Indian side in the firing, he said.
Small arms firing and mortar shelling from across the border started in Krishna Ghati sector around 7.45 am and later in Poonch sector at 5.30 pm, the spokesperson said.
He said the Indian Army retaliated and the cross-border shelling between the two sides was on at both the places when last reports were received.
On September 1, an army personnel was killed when Pakistan targeted forward posts and villages in Shahpur-Kerni sector, raising the death toll in ceasefire violations by the neighbouring nation in the twin districts of Poonch and Rajouri since July to eight — six soldiers and two civilians.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ayushmann Khurrana-Nushrat Bharucha's Dream Girl Song Removed from YouTube Over Copyright Issues
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year