Pakistan Welcomes China-Pak Friendship Car Rally
A China-Pak Friendship Car Rally that initiated from Xinjiang in China has been welcomed in different areas of Pakistan and is on its way to Rawalpindi, officials said.
Representative Image: Banner showing Pakistan's President Mamnoon Hussain (L), China's President Xi Jinping (C) and Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif (Reuters) Representative Image
Islamabad: A China-Pak Friendship Car Rally that initiated from Xinjiang in China has been welcomed in different areas of Pakistan and is on its way to Rawalpindi, officials said.
According to an official, the rally that entered Pakistan via Khunjrab Pass on Friday was warmly welcomed by the local administration and military personnel, Xinhua news agency reported.
The rally, comprising 20 cars with 52 people on board, is being held to highlight the significance of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and the Silk Road.
The participants attended a flag hoisting ceremony in Gilgit-Baltistan.
The rally will pass through major cities of Pakistan until its final stop in the port city of Gwadar.
The rally will also pass through Iran and will be finally concluded in the United Arab Emirates.
"The China-Pak Friendship Car Rally will not only highlight international significance of the CPEC but will also further strengthen existing Sino-Pak relations," the official said.
Recommended For You
- Watch | Shardul Takes a Stunner Against Bangladesh in Nidahas Trophy Final
- Chennaiyin FC Won ISL Fairly, Disappointed With Gurpreet's Comments: John Gregory
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Outrage Over 60 Year Copyright Law
- Irani Cup: Rajneesh Gurbani Puts Vidarbha on Brink of Win After Record 800/7
- India Joins In As World Prepares To Celebrate French Gastronomy On March 21