Here’s a recap of Day 1:
The agenda for legislation in the session, which ends on August 11, includes 18 bills for consideration and passing. Key among them are the Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill, Whistleblowers' Protection Bill, Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, Enemy Property (Amendment) Bill Consumer Protection Bill, and the Companies (Amendment) Bill.
16 bills are listed for Introduction, Consideration and Passing:
1. The Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
2. The Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance (FRDI) Bill, 2017;
3. The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017
4. The State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill, 2017
5. The Punjab Municipal Corporation Law (Extension To Chandigarh) Amendment Bill, 2017;
6. The Central Goods and Services Tax (Extension to Jammu and Kashmir) Bill, 2017;
7. The Integrated Goods and Services Tax (Extension to Jammu and Kashmir) Bill, 2017;
8. The Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) Bill, 2017;
9. The Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property Amendment Bill, 2017;
10. The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2017;
11. The Consumer Protection Bill, 2017;
12. The National Investigation Agency (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
13. The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
14. The Right of Children Free and Compulsory Education (Second Amendment) Bill, 2017;
15. Labour Code on wages; and
16. The National Sports University Bill, 2017
PM Modi said, "Today the Monsoon session begins. Like the monsoon brings hope, this session also brings same spirit of hope. After the summer, the rains fill the soil with pleasant smell. The same way, due to the good rains of the GST, the whole session will be full of enthusiasm.”
"I believe, all political parties, all MPs, will take significant decisions in national interest, will engage with high standard of debate and will try to provide value addition in all issues, value addition in all system," he said.
PM Modi hopes Monsoon session runs with GST spirit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today hoped the "growing stronger together" spirit of GST will bring enthusiasm to Parliament proceedings and that political parties will engage in high standard of debate and provide value addition during the Monsoon session.
File photo of proceedings in the Lok Sabha.
18 Apr, 2019 | Indian Premier League MI vs DC 168/520.0 overs 128/920.0 oversMumbai Indians beat Delhi Capitals by 40 runs
17 Apr, 2019 | Indian Premier League CSK vs SRH 132/520.0 overs 137/416.5 oversSunrisers Hyderabad beat Chennai Super Kings by 6 wickets
16 Apr, 2019 | Indian Premier League KXIP vs RR 182/620.0 overs 170/720.0 oversKings XI Punjab beat Rajasthan Royals by 12 runs
16 Apr, 2019 | United Arab Emirates in Zimbabwe UAE vs ZIM 175/1047.1 overs 129/724.5 oversZimbabwe beat United Arab Emirates by 3 wickets (D/L method)
15 Apr, 2019 | Indian Premier League RCB vs MI 171/720.0 overs 172/519.0 oversMumbai Indians beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 5 wickets