Parliament on Friday reconvened only to be disrupted several times over the controversy following the demise of former MoS external affairs Kerala MP E Ahamed.
The Congress and the Centre indulged in a war of words after it came to light that the family members of the deceased MP weren't allowed access to his body.
Meanwhile, Trinamool Congress MPs staged a protest near Gandhi statue on Parliament premises against arrest of two of their colleagues by CBI in connection with Rose Valley chit fund scam.
Lok Sabha MP P V Abdul Wahab to CNN-News18 on Ahamed's death row:
* The superintendent of RML also assured that the best care is being offered to E Ahamed.
* His family was stopped. E Ahamed's daughter is a patholigist, she could have been made a part of the observation team
* Even after police intervention we were not given access to the hospital
Lok Sabha MP NK Premchandran speaks to CNN-News18:
* We went to the hospital and most of the MPs were sure that E Ahamed's death took place when he had collapsed
* The doctors said that E Ahamed is being taken care off
* We saw that E Ahamed's eyes were closed using band aids...why was that done?
* His son and daughter were not given access when they came to the hospital.
* Even Sonia Gandhi was at the hospital for over 2 hours
* What protocol prevents a family from visiting their father?
* We want a high level enquiry event into his death.
* E Ahamed was a senior member of Parliament for 25 years. This is an extraordinary situation
* The govt could have adjourned or postponed the budget presentation by a few hours
* If the fate of a senior minister is like this then what will happen to a common man
* Congress issues notice in Rajya Sabha over alleged maltreatment of ex-Union Minister E Ahmad
* Unethical approach by government and RML Hospital
* Bouncers were called to keep the family away from E Ahmad
* Bouncers were called to keep the Kin away
* Sonia, Rahul were denied access when they tried to inetervene
* Claims the bouncers were called by the hospital
File image of Parliament (L) and E. Ahamed. (Image: PTI)
Stay tuned for Live updates:
14 Dec, 2018 | West Indies in Bangladesh WI vs BAN 198/950.0 overs 202/238.3 oversBangladesh beat West Indies by 8 wickets
11 Dec, 2018 | West Indies in Bangladesh BAN vs WI 255/750.0 overs 256/649.4 oversWest Indies beat Bangladesh by 4 wickets
09 Dec, 2018 | West Indies in Bangladesh WI vs BAN 195/950.0 overs 196/535.1 oversBangladesh beat West Indies by 5 wickets
06 - 10 Dec, 2018 | Border-Gavaskar Trophy IND vs AUS 250/1088.0 overs 235/1098.4 oversIndia beat Australia by 31 runs
03 - 07 Dec, 2018 | Pakistan and New Zealand in UAE NZ vs PAK 274/10116.1 overs 348/10135.0 oversNew Zealand beat Pakistan by 123 runs