Parliament on Friday reconvened only to be disrupted several times over the controversy following the demise of former MoS external affairs Kerala MP E Ahamed.
The Congress and the Centre indulged in a war of words after it came to light that the family members of the deceased MP weren't allowed access to his body.
Meanwhile, Trinamool Congress MPs staged a protest near Gandhi statue on Parliament premises against arrest of two of their colleagues by CBI in connection with Rose Valley chit fund scam.
Lok Sabha MP P V Abdul Wahab to CNN-News18 on Ahamed's death row:
* The superintendent of RML also assured that the best care is being offered to E Ahamed.
* His family was stopped. E Ahamed's daughter is a patholigist, she could have been made a part of the observation team
* Even after police intervention we were not given access to the hospital
Lok Sabha MP NK Premchandran speaks to CNN-News18:
* We went to the hospital and most of the MPs were sure that E Ahamed's death took place when he had collapsed
* The doctors said that E Ahamed is being taken care off
* We saw that E Ahamed's eyes were closed using band aids...why was that done?
* His son and daughter were not given access when they came to the hospital.
* Even Sonia Gandhi was at the hospital for over 2 hours
* What protocol prevents a family from visiting their father?
* We want a high level enquiry event into his death.
* E Ahamed was a senior member of Parliament for 25 years. This is an extraordinary situation
* The govt could have adjourned or postponed the budget presentation by a few hours
* If the fate of a senior minister is like this then what will happen to a common man
* Congress issues notice in Rajya Sabha over alleged maltreatment of ex-Union Minister E Ahmad
* Unethical approach by government and RML Hospital
* Bouncers were called to keep the family away from E Ahmad
* Bouncers were called to keep the Kin away
* Sonia, Rahul were denied access when they tried to inetervene
* Claims the bouncers were called by the hospital
File image of Parliament (L) and E. Ahamed. (Image: PTI)
Stay tuned for Live updates:
23 May, 2018 | Indian Premier League KKR vs RR 169/720.0 overs 144/420.0 oversKolkata Knight Riders beat Rajasthan Royals by 25 runs
22 May, 2018 | Indian Premier League SRH vs CSK 139/720.0 overs 140/819.1 oversChennai Super Kings beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 2 wickets
20 May, 2018 | Indian Premier League KXIP vs CSK 153/1019.4 overs 159/519.1 oversChennai Super Kings beat Kings XI Punjab by 5 wickets
20 May, 2018 | Indian Premier League DD vs MI 174/420.0 overs 163/1019.3 oversDelhi Daredevils beat Mumbai Indians by 11 runs
19 May, 2018 | Indian Premier League SRH vs KKR 172/920.0 overs 173/519.4 oversKolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 5 wickets