Parliament's Winter Session Likely to Commence from Nov 18: Sources after Cabinet Committee Meet
According to the sources, the session is likely to begin on November 18 and end in the third week of December.
Parliament House (Reuters)
New Delhi: The Winter session of Parliament is likely to commence from November 18 and may last for a month, sources in the government indicated on Wednesday.
While there was no official announcement on the session, the indication from sources came after a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs to decide on the dates. The meeting was held at the residence of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, who heads the panel.
A formal decision is expected to be announced next week after the meeting of the Union Cabinet.
According to sources, the session is likely to begin on November 18 and end in the third week of December.
In the last two years, winter sessions have been convened on November 21 and ended in the first week of January.
Besides various bills, the government plans to convert two crucial ordinances into law during the session. One ordinance reducing corporate tax rate for new and domestic manufacturing companies to arrest slowdown in the economy and boost growth was issued in September to give effect to amendments in the Income Tax Act, 1961 and Finance Act, 2019.
The second ordinance, also issued in September, banned the sale, manufacture and storage of e-cigarettes and similar products.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mr India 2: Shekhar Kapur Doesn't Believe There's Another 'Mogambo' in the World
- Leaked Pics from The Batman Sets Reveal First Look at Batsuit, Batcycle and Catwoman
- India vs Australia, FIH Hockey Pro League 2020 HIGHLIGHTS: India Beat Australia in Penalty Shootout
- The One Where They Reunite: The 'FRIENDS' Reunion is Happening, and Fans Cannot Keep Calm
- Coronavirus Impact: Samsung Factory in Korea Shut Down After Employee Tests Positive