Partially Burnt Body of 25-Year-Old Woman Found in Maharashtra's Thane
The police suspect that someone killed the woman and burnt the body to hide the crime, the official said.
Thane (Maharashtra): The partially burnt body of a woman was found under a bridge in Thane district of Maharashtra, police said on Monday. Some locals alerted the police on Sunday after they spotted the body, of a nearly 25-year-old woman whose face was charred beyond recognition, lying under Raya bridge in Titwala town here, police spokesman Yuvraj Kalgutke said.
The police rushed to the spot and sent the body for postmortem, he said. The police suspect that someone killed the woman and burnt the body to hide the crime, the official said.
A case was registered under Indian Penal Code Sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence), he said, adding that a search was on for the culprit.
Recommended For You
- Fatima Sana Shaikh’s Pictures from Her Macau Holiday Will Give You Major Travel Goals
- ICJ Rules in favour of India: A Timeline of Kulbhushan Jadhav Case
- Watch: Airline Passenger Caught Using Toes to Scroll Through In-Flight Entertainment
- India Drawn Alongside Qatar in 2nd Round of 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers
- BS-VI Fuel Available at Same Cost as Regular Fuel in Delhi, Prices set to Increase in April 2020