PDP's Jammu Office Sealed Ahead of Party Chief Mehbooba Mufti's Visit
According to officials, Mufti was expected to visit the office this afternoon. However, the police said that the move was taken in view of the law and order situation after the deadly attack in Pulwama three days ago.
File photo of former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti.
New Delhi: The office of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in Jammu was sealed by the state police on Sunday ahead of former chief minister Mehbooba Mufti's visit.
According to officials, party chief Mufti was expected to visit the office this afternoon. However, the police said that the move was taken in view of the law and order situation in the aftermath of the deadly attack in Pulwama carried out by Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad.
The government had earlier decided to withdraw the security provided to six separatist leaders, including Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, in Jammu and Kashmir. Besides Mirwaiz, the security cover of Abdul Gani Bhat, Bilal Lone, Hashim Qureshi, Fazal Haq Qureshi and Shabir Shah has been withdrawn, officials said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Is Radhe Your Most Wanted Bhai a Follow-up to Tere Naam or Wanted? Salman Khan Finally Answers
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- Watch: Farmer Turns 910-Pound Pumpkin into Boat and Goes for a Ride in Pond
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit