Pejavara Mutt Head Vishvesha Teertha Swami Hospitalised, Put on Ventilator Support
The 88-year-old is being treated for extensive pneumonia with antibiotics and supportive treatment.
File photo of Vishvesha Teertha Swami.
Bengaluru: The head of prominent Pejavara Mutt, one among the Ashta Mathas of Udupi, Vishvesha Teertha Swami is "currently serious and connected to a ventilator," the hospital where he is currently undergoing treatment said on Friday.
The 88-year-old pontiff is being treated for extensive pneumonia with antibiotics and supportive treatment.
He was brought to Kasturba Hospital, Manipal with complaints of difficulty in breathing since 5 am this morning from a private hospital, a statement said.
"He is currently serious and connected to a ventilator," the statement added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Standing is Hard': Jared Kushner's Time Magazine Cover Inspires Meme Fest on Twitter
- Reliance Jio Q3 2019-20 Results: Subscriber Base Jumps to 370 Million as of December 31, 2019
- Hockey India Contributes 25,000 US Dollars for Australian Bushfire Victims
- Good News For WhatsApp Users as Facebook Backs Down on Adverts, But There is a Catch
- Runners And Fitness Junkies Take Note! The Best Marathon Gear You Must Buy, Right Now