People No Longer Happy With a Railway Station, Want Vande Bharat Express, Says PM Modi in I-Day Speech
In his Independence Day address, PM Modi said that the government has decided to invest Rs 100 lakh crore in infrastructure development.
PM Narendra Modi delivers Independence Day speech from Red Fort.
New Delhi: People of India are no longer happy with merely the proposal for a new railway station, they want to know when the state-of-the-art Vande Bharat Express will come to their area, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Thursday speaking of the changing aspirations of the people.
In his Independence Day address, Modi said that the government has decided to invest Rs 100 lakh crore in infrastructure development.
"People's thinking has changed. Earlier, people were happy with merely a plan to set up a railway station. Now people ask- when will Vande Bharat Express come to my area. People do not want only good railway stations or bus stations, they ask when is a good airport coming," he said.
Currently only one Vande Bharat Express is operational between Delhi and Varanasi, while another between Delhi and Katra is in the pipeline.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- Did 'Sacred Games' 2 Have an Obvious, Glaring Error in its Season Finale Episode?
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March