- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 115/120
- TRS 97
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
People No Longer Happy With a Railway Station, Want Vande Bharat Express, Says PM Modi in I-Day Speech
In his Independence Day address, PM Modi said that the government has decided to invest Rs 100 lakh crore in infrastructure development.
PM Narendra Modi delivers Independence Day speech from Red Fort.
New Delhi: People of India are no longer happy with merely the proposal for a new railway station, they want to know when the state-of-the-art Vande Bharat Express will come to their area, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Thursday speaking of the changing aspirations of the people.
In his Independence Day address, Modi said that the government has decided to invest Rs 100 lakh crore in infrastructure development.
"People's thinking has changed. Earlier, people were happy with merely a plan to set up a railway station. Now people ask- when will Vande Bharat Express come to my area. People do not want only good railway stations or bus stations, they ask when is a good airport coming," he said.
Currently only one Vande Bharat Express is operational between Delhi and Varanasi, while another between Delhi and Katra is in the pipeline.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Won't be Surprised if I Woke Up with Kartik Aaryan in Bed, Says Alaya F
- Nancy Drew to Die on 90th Anniversary, but Hardy Boys Will Solve the Murder. Wait, What?
- WhatsApp Beta New Update Tests Animated Stickers, Self Destructing Messages
- Transfer News and Rumours LIVE: Latest Updates From Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona
- Parineeti Chopra Relaxes on Her Maldives Holiday, See Pics