Personal Security Officer of Mehbooba’s Kin Shot Dead by Militants Outside Mosque in Anantnag
According to reports, the suspected militants fired upon Farooq Ahmad Mir resident of Khiram, Anantnag in chest as he was coming out of the mosque after performing prayers.
Srinagar: A Personal Security Officer (PSO) of PDP leader Sajad Mufti was shot dead by suspected militants after Friday prayers in Baba Mohalla, Bejbhera in South Kashmir's Anantnag district.
According to reports, the suspected militants fired upon Farooq Ahmad Mir resident of Khiram, Anantnag in chest as he was coming out of the mosque after performing prayers. He was immediately shifted to the Sub district hospital in Bejbhera, where doctors declared him brought dead.
A police officer confirmed the incident and said that one AK-47 has been also snatched by the militant from the slain cop. The area has been cordoned off for searches, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma's Wife Ginni Chatrath Flaunts Baby Bump on Movie Outing
- Prabhas and Raveena Tandon Dance on 'Tip Tip Barsa Pani' on Nach Baliye 9
- PV Sindhu Overcomes Tai Tzu Ying to Reach World Badminton Championships Semi-finals
- Sai Praneeth Guarantees 1st Men's Singles World Championships Medal Since 1983
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce