- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
6 IAF Personnel, 1 Civilian Killed as Military Aircraft Crashes in J&K's Budgam District
The chopper crashed in an open field near Garend Kalaan village in Budgam at 10.05 am, officials said.
The IAF jet that crashed in Budgam.
Srinagar: Six personnel onboard an Indian military chopper and a civilian were killed on Wednesday when the aircraft crashed in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The aircraft crashed in an open field near Garend Kalaan village in Budgam at 10:05 am, officials said. It broke into two and caught fire immediately, senior officials said.
Senior defence officials said the aircraft, an MI-17 chopper, crashed after developing a technical snag.
One of the deceased persons has been identified as Kifayat Hussain Ganaie, a local resident, while the identity of the six IAF personnel is still being ascertained, they said.
The crash, amid rapid escalation of tension between India and Pakistan, led to speculation that it was targeted by Pakistani warplanes that violated Indian airspace. But both sides clarified that it was not the case.
The crash happened a day after IAF warplanes struck a Jaish-e-Mohammed training camp in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, around 80 kilometres from the Line of Control.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pakistan Thump Sloppy Bangladesh for Twenty20 Series Win
- Is Aishwarya Rai Pregnant? Fans Wonder After Abhishek Bachchan Promises 'Surprise'
- PUBG Mobile: Season 12 Leaks Confirm 2nd Anniversary Royale Pass Theme
- I Feel Sick: Roger Federer's Thrilling 5-set Australian Open Win Leaves Everyone Breathless
- Coronavirus Death Toll Spikes: This Realtime Map Tracks Spread of Virus Around The World