Plant 5 Saplings to Recall Your Arrest Warrant: Court to Rape Accused
The court of special judge had issued a non-bailable warrant against Raju, a resident of Loni, for not attending trial since last six months in a four-year-old case of kidnapping and rape of a minor.
Image for representational purpose.
Ghaziabad: In a first-of-its-kind order, a court here recalled its arrest warrant on condition that the accused will plant five saplings, an official said on Saturday.
It also ordered submission of an affidavit regarding compliance of its order, said Rajiv Kumar, Additional District Government Counsellor (ADGC), Ghaziabad district.
The court of special judge (fast track) Rakesh Vashishtha had issued a non-bailable warrant against Raju alias Kallu, a resident of Loni, for not attending trial since last six months in a four-year-old case of kidnapping and rape of a minor.
The accused on Thursday submitted an application in the court seeking recall of the warrant after which the court ordered him to plant five saplings and submit an affidavit in the court to ascertain the compliance.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan-Tiger Shroff's War Stands Tall Over Joker, The Sky Is Pink at Box Office
- Priyanka Chopra Says 'Overworked And Underpaid' Describe Her Best
- Dalljiet Kaur First Contestant to be Evicted from Bigg Boss 13
- Mom and Dad, Sorry for All Those Times I Was a Prick: Shahid Kapoor
- Facebook Friends Who Met for the First Time During Durga Puja Get Married in 4 Hours