PM Modi Congratulates Manohar Parrikar, Vishwajeet Rane on Poll Victory
Manohar Parrikar, the former Defence Minister, won by 4803 votes, defeating his rival from Congress Girish Chodankar.
File photo of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday congratulated Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on winning the Panaji Assembly bypoll, which he described as "impressive".
Parrikar, the former Defence Minister, won by 4803 votes, defeating his rival from Congress Girish Chodankar.
The prime minister also congratulated BJP's Vishwajit Rane on his electoral victory in Valpoi constituency.
"Congrats to @manoharparrikar & @visrane for the impressive wins in Panaji & Valpoi respectively. I thank the people of Goa for their support," Modi tweeted.
Rane retained his Valpoi seat by defeating his nearest rival Roy Naik of the Congress by 10,066 votes. Rane had resigned as MLA after leaving the Congress.
Recommended For You
- Please Don't Bully Me, Says Lexi Rabe Who Played Tony Stark's Daughter in Avengers Endgame
- Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya Look Adorable in These Vacation Pics
- New Age Social Media Apps, and a Shocking Problem of Borderline Sexual Content
- 'Crowilla': Crow or Gorilla? This Absurd Video of a Bird is Leaving Netizens Completely Baffled
- RBI Committee Recommendations For KYC on Google Duo or Apple FaceTime Could See Larger Implementation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s