PM Modi Greets Nation on Eid-Al-Adha, Hopes it Bolsters 'Spirit of Peace and Happiness'
Bakri Eid, or Eid-Al-Adha is celebrated by sacrificing an animal that the devotees are attached to, thereby proving their devotion.
File photo of PM Narendra Modi.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday morning tweeted Eid-Al-Adha greetings to the country, hoping that the festival would promote the spirit of peace and happiness in the society.
"My best wishes on the occasion of Eid al-Adha. I hope it furthers the spirit of peace and happiness in our society. Eid Mubarak!" he wrote on Twitter.
Bakri Eid, or Eid-Al-Adha is celebrated by sacrificing an animal that the devotees are attached to, thereby proving their devotion. Portions from the sacrifice are then distributed among family, friends, and the poor.
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu also wished in a tweet, "I extend my warm greetings to the people of our country on the auspicious occasion of 'Id-ul-Zuha' The festival is an ode to the virtues of devotion, faith and sacrifice and inspires feelings of brotherhood, compassion and unity. #IdulZuha (sic),"
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- My Comment on Saif Ali Khan has been Misinterpreted, Says Kangana Ranaut
- Haunting Rendition of Faiz's 'Hum Dekhenge' with Tagore's 'Where Mind is Without Fear' Moves Twitter
- Tata Motors is Now the Safest Indian Car Manufacturer With Two 5-Star and Two 4-Star Rated Cars
- WhatsApp Dark Mode is Now Rolling Out: Here is How to Make it Work For You
- WhatsApp Users, Dark Mode is Finally Rolling Out With Beta For Android: Here is How to Use it