PM Modi Greets Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya on Statehood Day
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday greeted the three northeastern states of Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya on their statehood day.
A file image of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (Photo: PTI)
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday greeted the three northeastern states of Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya on their statehood day.
In a series of tweets Modi said: "Statehood Day greetings to the people of Meghalaya. My best wishes for the development journey of the state."
"On their Statehood Day, I convey my best wishes to the people of Tripura and pray for the state's all-round growth.
Greetings to the people of Manipur on their Statehood Day. I hope Manipur will remain blessed with joy and prosperity.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) January 21, 2017
"Greetings to the people of Manipur on their Statehood Day. I hope Manipur will remain blessed with joy and prosperity," Modi said.
Under the North-Eastern Areas (Re-organisation) Act, 1971, Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya attained statehood on January 21, 1972.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anuj Sachdeva on Urvashi Dholakia: Have Understood My Responsibility but the Moment and Time Has Passed
- Niti Taylor Gets Engaged to Parikshit Bawa, Says She Doesn't Plan to Get Married This Year
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March
- Bajrang Punia to Get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019
- A New Microchip Gives Obese People Electric Shocks Each Time They Think About Food