PM Modi Holds High-level Security Meet as India Strikes Pakistan Days After Pulwama Attack
Top government sources said there were over 200 casualties from IAF strike, though Pakistan denied the same.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is meeting the top ministers of his cabinet committee on security at his residence in Delhi amid reports that India carried out air strikes on terror camps across the Line of Control on Tuesday.
Days after Pulwama attack, India carried out surgical strikes in Pakistan with top government sources saying that there were over 200 casualties from IAF strike. Reports say that terror launch pads across the LoC in Balakot, Chakothi and Muzaffarabad sectors have completely been destroyed along with JeM control rooms.
While officials in the air force refused to comment, saying that they have nothing to reply, sources told CNN-News18 that the force was targeting a Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) hideout in Balakot sector with laser-guided bombs.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ragnarok Director Taika Waititi Finally Reveals Who's the Real Star of Thor Love and Thunder
- On Aarav's Birthday, Akshay Kumar Says He is Glad to Be on His Son's Speed Dial
- Denmark Buys 4 Elephants from Circus to Protect Their Rights and Welfare
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5