PM Modi Inaugurates Chenani-Nashri Link, India's Longest Road Tunnel, in J&K
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India's longest road tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway on Sunday amid a shutdown call by Kashmiri separatists.
Srinagar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Chenani-Nashri tunnel, India's longest road tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway on Sunday amid a shutdown call by Kashmiri separatists.
A multi-tier security setup was put in place for the Prime Minister's visit.
The tunnel will save fuel worth nearly Rs 99 crore a year. "Rs 27 lakh worth of fuel is likely to be saved per day," Minister of State in the PMO Jitendra Singh said.
The security setup included elaborate deployments, area domination, checkpoints and alertness in border areas and vigilance at vital installations in the region by various security agencies, a police officer said.
Security drills were carried out by police and other security wings. Three helipads were also sanitised and checked by security teams headed by the SPG.
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- After Avengers Infinity War, Marvel Considering An 'Eternals' Film
- Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid: Superheroes Galore, UEFA Champions League's Marquee Clash Returns
- Deepika Padukone Looks Gorgeous in a Anamika Khanna Ensemble at the Time 100 Red Carpet; See Pics
- Sanju Teaser Trailer Released, Ranbir Kapoor IS Sanjay Dutt In Upcoming Biopic; Check It Out
- Ranbir Kapoor Reveals What Will Happen If Someone Puts Camera in His House Just Like Bigg Boss