PM Modi Pays Tributes to Jawaharlal Nehru on 130th Birth Anniversary
Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India, held office between August 1947 and May 1964.
PM Narendra Modi addresses the nation. (PTI)
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday paid tributes to Jawaharlal Nehru on his 130th birth anniversary. Nehru, the first prime minister of India, held office between August 1947 and May 1964.
"Tributes to our former PM Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru on his birth anniversary," Modi tweeted.
Nehru was born on this day in 1889 in Allahabad.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone to Feature in Vin Diesel's XXX Franchise Again?
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know
- Football in Snow: Watch Real Kashmir FC Players Practice for I-League in Srinagar
- Neymar Hits FC Barcelona With Fresh Lawsuit to Demand Unpaid Wages
- WhatsApp Will Sue Businesses That Bombard Users Will Bulk Messages