PM Modi to Visit Bengaluru for a 'Special Event' and Farmers' Convention
Discussions are on whether to organise a large farmers' convention on January 3 at Tumakuru or Bengaluru.
File photo of PM Narendra Modi.
Bengaluru: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be arriving in Bengaluru on January 2 to attend a "special event" and a large farmers' convention, chief minister B S Yediyurappa said on Wednesday.
Discussions are on whether to organise a large farmers' convention on January 3 at Tumakuru or Bengaluru, he said, adding that he was in touch with the Prime Minister's office.
"Accordingly the convention will be organised by gathering lakhs of farmers," Yediyurappa told reporters at Hubballi in north Karnataka.
Deputy chief minister C N Ashwath Narayanan recently said the prime minister will inaugurate the Indian Science Congress (ISC) to be held at the University of Agricultural Sciences here from January 3 to 7, 2020.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Car Mishap: Shabana Azmi 'Stable', Driver Sustains Minor Injuries
- Test, ODI Squads for New Zealand Tour Only After Clarity on Hardik Pandya's Fitness
- Transfer News and Rumours LIVE: Latest Updates From Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona
- 'You Have Not Seen the Last of Us,' Says Greta Thunberg Ahead of World Economic Forum
- Reliance Jio Q3 2019-20 Results: Subscriber Base Jumps to 370 Million as of December 31, 2019